Lamb chops marinated with tellicherry pepper, malt vinegar, ginger and home ground garam masala cooked on tawa.
SERVES – 5
Lamb chops -8no’s, Ginger garlic paste -2tbsp, Salt- to taste, Green papaya – 1 tbsp, Chilli pwd – 1 tbsp, Malt vinegar –3tbsp, Chopped green chill -1/2 tsp, Chopped Ginger – 1 tbsp, Vegetable oil – 3 tbsp, Chilli paste – 1tbsp
Hung curd -75 gms, Garam masala -1 tsp, Fennel pwd – 2tsp, Tellicherry pepper – 1 tsp, Chilli pwd – 1.5 tsp, Butter, Lemon juice, Chat masala
Clean the lamb chops, trim the extra fat and French the Lamb chops.
2. Marinate the lamb chops with ginger garlic paste, salt, green papaya paste, malt vinegar, Kashmiri chilli pwd, chopped green chili & chopped ginger.
3. Allow the marinated chops to rest for 3-4hrs.
4. Second Marination of Lamb Chops to be done in curd, garam masala, Fennel pwd, cracked tellicherry pepper,Chilli pwd, and mustard oil. Rest the marinated lamb chops for 2-3 hrs.
5. Cook the lamb chops on medium to hot tawa for 5-8 minutes.
6. Transfer the lamb chops in a baking tray and finish them in preheated oven at 200 – 225 deg c for 4-5 minutes.
7. Baste the lamb chops in between with clarified butter.
8. Once the lamb chops are cooked, season them with lemon juice and chatmasala.
TANDOORI GARAM MASALA
Coriander seeds -2 cups, Cumin seeds -1 cup, Pepper corns -1/2 cup, Green cardamom – ¼ cup, Cloves – 2 tbsp, Mace – 1tbsp, Cinnamon sticks 1’’ stick – 4nos, Bay leaf – 4 to 5 no’s, Dry red chilly whole deseeded– 6 to 8 no’s
1. Mix all the spices in a tray keep them in a warm place or under sunlight for a day.
2. Grind all the spices in a spice grinder. Strain them through a fine sieve.
3. Store the spice mix in an airtight container in cool place, preferable away from light.